1) To develop scientifically accurate and culturally appropriate health education and training strategies and materials utilising innovative communication technology.
2) To focus on research that has relevance to behaviour and social change.
3) To contribute to the development of human resources to bring about behaviour and social change, by
- Developing, planning and implementing effective mental health education programs;
- Evaluating mental health education program effectiveness;
- Coordinating the provision of mental health education services;
- Acting as a resource person in mental health education; and communicating mental health education needs, concerns and resources.