Are you looking for an opportunity to train and gain experience in Mental Health Education? Then a Mental Health Education internship is a great opportunity for you. In a Mental Health Education internship, you’ll strive to improve the mental health of not just an individual, but an entire community.
The Department of Mental Health Education, NIMHANS supports internship opportunities for qualified graduate and postgraduate students to gain meaningful experience in mental health settings. The internship program offers students a unique experience to receive firsthand experience in mental health promotion and mental health education. The objectives of the internship program is to strengthen the academic and professional development of the students by creating a highly qualified, diverse workforce, to provide leadership in the area of mental health services and better mental health outcomes for all. The students will participate in various settings like mental health research, outreach activities, special clinics, hospital settings, community mental health promotion activities and development of audio visual aids.
Students will receive mentorship by specialised faculty during their tenure under the following:
Preparing mental health education resources like:
- Learn various novel ways to disseminate mental health education
- Learn to develop informative materials and documentaries around different mental health issues
- Understand the concept of Mental Health First Aid – a concept known to empower anyone and everyone to become more aware and confident of dealing with mental health crises. The Department is one of the pioneers in conduction of workshops along this theme
- Learn to conceptualise and organize various community outreach programs and campaigns in the Indian context
15 days to 1 month
Dates are flexible*
Graduates from any discipline, with a degree from a recognized University can apply. Groups are also welcome.
15 days – 1500/-
30 days – 3000/-
The candidates need to make their own accommodation arrangements. Limited hostel accommodation may be offered only on prior request and is subject to availability.
How to Apply:
Students who wish to pursue their internship programs at the Department of Mental Health Education need to:
- A brief CV with photograph highlighting major work done in the area of mental health.
- A cover letter highlighting the applicant’s areas of expertise (like blogging, skills in photography or videography, social media management, creative writing, etc.) and their rationale for interning at the Department (500 words)
Mail the following to email@example.com