Where we aim to spread awareness on mental health by the means of movies.
Every month we will be picking a movie/short film/documentary relevant to mental health and then reviewing it together in the coming weeks. Everyone can participate in the discussions and send us their reviews, comments, reflections and suggestions by sending us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
We shall be looking forward to hearing what you have to say!
Spreading mental health awareness is the need of the day,
Let us use the means of Cinema, what say?
Is that not a novel idea to convey?
Come one, come all…let’s start right away!
The first movie of the month is:
Remember to send us your reviews at email@example.com by the 30th of June, 2017. While reviewing the movie, try to look at it from the point of view of mental health education and reflect upon the following points:
- What does this movie tell us about the needs of the family members and caregivers of persons with mental illnesses?
- Do such movies hold the power to change perceptions about mental illness in our society? Or are they likely to reinforce negative attitudes?
- What support systems and provisions do they show as being provided to the differently abled by the government and society? How far does it do justice to reality? How can we move towards a more inclusive society?
- Look for both stereotypical/negative and more accurate/balanced ways in which mental illness has been represented in the movie.
- Has this movie changed your views on mental illnesses in any way? If so, how?
- Do you have any personal account of facing stigma due to mental health problems that you would like to share?
You can also send us your views on our ‘Media- A Mental Health Education Initiative’ and give us more ideas on how movies can be used to positivize the public attitude towards mental illnesses. We also welcome your suggestions for the next movie/short film/documentary of the month.
Meanwhile, keep spreading the word for Mental Health Education!