Are you looking for an opportunity to train and gain experience in Mental Health Education? Then a Mental Health Education internship is a great opportunity for you. In a Mental Health Education internship, you’ll strive to improve the mental health of not just an individual, but an entire community.
The Department of Mental Health Education mainly focuses on developing educational materials like videos, comics, posters and also conducting public awareness campaigns. We do not engage in any patient care, counselling services and clinical work. And as per the rules of the Institute we permit internship at a stretch for a maximum period of 1 month. The internship is a full-time program and the student is required to be available at the department from 9 am to 4.30 pm on all working days, that is from Monday to Saturday except the second Saturday.
The Department of Mental Health Education, NIMHANS supports internship opportunities for students to gain meaningful experience in mental health settings. The internship program offers students a unique experience to receive the first-hand experience in mental health promotion and mental health education.
- The internship program strengthens the academic and professional development of the students by creating a highly qualified, diverse workforce, to provide leadership in the area of mental health services and better mental health outcomes for all.
- The students will participate in various settings like mental health research, outreach activities, special clinics, hospital settings, community mental health promotion activities and the development of audiovisual aids.
Students will receive mentorship by specialized faculty during their tenure for preparing mental health education resources like:
- Learn various novel ways to disseminate mental health education
- Learn to develop informative materials and documentaries around different mental health issues
- Understand the concept of Mental Health First Aid – a concept known to empower anyone and everyone to become more aware and confident of dealing with mental health crises. The Department is one of the pioneers in the conduction of workshops along this theme
- Learn to conceptualize and organize various community outreach programs and campaigns in the Indian context
Duration: 1 month (Dates are flexible)
Graduates from any discipline, with a degree from a recognized University, can apply.
Fees payable: Kindly contact the Academics and Examination Section, NIMHANS for more details. –
Phone number: 080-26885013
The candidates need to make their own accommodation arrangements. Limited hostel accommodation may be offered only on prior request and is subject to availability.
How to Apply:
Students who wish to pursue their internship programs at the Department of Mental Health Education need to:
- A brief CV with photograph highlighting major work done in the area of mental health.
- A cover letter highlighting the applicant’s areas of expertise (like blogging, skills in photography or videography, social media management, creative writing, etc.) and their rationale for interning at the Department (500 words)
- Permission Letter from the Head of the Institution (for Students)
Mail the following to email@example.com